Putting an unrealistically high price in your ad will almost certainly mean you'll waste your weekends waiting for the phone to ring, but put too low a price in it will have you rushed off your feet by tyre kickers hoping for a bargain. In the weeks leading up to running your ad scan the Autotrader site to get an idea of the prices being asked for similar makes and models as yours. You will also be given a price range estimate for your type of vehicle.
Articles in this section
- How should I prepare my car before I sell it?
- What information do I need so that I can place an ad for my car?
- How much does it cost to create an ad and list my car for sale on Autotrader?
- Can I place an ad over the phone?
- What is Ad Health?
- What price should I list my car at?
- Can I include photos in my ads?
- What should I write for my description?
- What do different types of ‘status’ mean?
- Will I receive confirmation of my ad placement?